We were pleased to kick off our Autumn 2021 events with the second course in our series on Transforming our Food System. Following on from our food mapping event on 29 April in which we collectively identified local existing initiatives within the Food/Nutrition chain where we can help spread knowledge and awareness, we then turned our attention to how we can apply more concrete and articulated steps in joining forces to co-create the inclusive, diverse, resilient, connected and participative food system we wish to see. You can view the recording from the 29 April event here.
Our 2nd event – The Food System of the Future Starts in our Kitchens –aimed to dive into the correlation of locally available opportunities identified in our mapping event. We will explore how they work (and could work) and how we could engage at national and global levels to produce tangible results at our individual pace and taste, while:
- building from relevant, credible national/global initiatives and;
- enjoying and inviting others to join this journey!
Ana Gerlin Hernandez Giving Women member and nutrition expert will moderate a panel conversation between:
- Saskia Sanders, Federal Office for the Environment
- Claudio Beretta, Scientist at ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences
- Karin Spori, Managing Director at foodwaste.ch
- Stephanie Okeyo, The Young Change-Maker from Kenya
- Dorinda Phillips, Founder at Maximizing Learning, Geneva Ambassador Zero Waste Switzerland
Following the panel, we held a brief workshop by Zero Waste Switzerland, to enlighten us and invite us take enjoyable actions with tested experiences and recipes tackling food waste adapted to local circumstances.